Sunday, March 2, 2014

Welcome to My Blog!

Hello and Welcome!

My name is Dan, I am an aspiring screenwriter and this is my blog. I decided to do this blog for a few reasons. The main reason is to simply get more practice writing. I wanted to have a place where I can just put down my ideas in a public place and maybe get to be a bit creative in the process.

The other reason is because of a project I've decided to take on. Recently, I got to go on a trip to Disney World. The trip really inspired me somehow. Between the awesome people working there, the incredible detail in everything around me, the incredible shows that were both creative and inspiring, and just being in the happiest place on earth, I really wanted to explore a bit more about how a guy who drew a cartoon about a mouse could make all this happen.
As a screenwriter it really impresses me that all of the Disney empire was founded on basic storytelling ideas and characters that would stay with people all their lives.
When I got home I decided I wanted to work on something that would help me understand it a bit more or at least have a stupid excuse to watch a bunch of Disney movies. I decided then that I was going to watch all 53 Disney Animated Features from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs all the way up to the recent Frozen. After that, I would write a quick blog post on each movie talking a bit about each one from an (amateur) screenwriter's perspective.
But It's not enough to just say I'm going to write about each one. I know myself and I know I won't be able to keep it up unless I make it part of my daily schedule. Every day, for the next 60 days, I'm going to wake up, work out (another little project I'm starting today), watch a Disney movie, and write a blog post.
Hopefully I can keep this up. Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment